Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Good Year

I can't say that I am sorry to see the end of 2012... not a year for the record books in this girl's life.  With the enormous exception of meeting and taking up with my dearest love, the year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Twelve was fraught with strife, anxiety, restlessness, and instability.  The stars were not aligned well for Pisces in the past few years, but oh my dear friend, all that is about to change.

2013 is destined to be my best yet.  I can feel it deep in my belly, the steadiest barometer of truth.

I am carefully curating a list of resolutions for the next 365 days and at the top of that list is this:
"Write, publicly."

That is to say, here, on these available and open pages, and anywhere else that is not simply my private journals.  While scribbling away in my secret notebooks has been a treasured and beloved practice for many years now, it does as much good as an actor who only recites monologues in his own living room to the dog.  Less practicing, more performing! And, really, what is a blog if not performance writing?

So this is my rededication to this performance. The acting out of my life in public, to you, my dear readers. It's like therapy, but cheaper and you get to eat something delicious at the end of it.

Stay tuned for adventures in seasonal and local eating, discovering long forgotten traditional foods, crafting homemade everything, and generally finding myself again from the helm of my stove.

It's been a rough few years and I think I lost myself somewhere along the way.  I forgot what it is that I was once so passionate about. So I'm retracing my steps, going back to the beginning, to the place where I discovered who I am and what I love.  I'm going back to my kitchen.

For so many women, the kitchen and home have been places of oppression and obligation.  But they are also places of joy and pleasure and community.  For me, my kitchen is a place of power.  It is a place of creativity and passion and connection.  I have wandered far from my kitchen and from my true path.  So I'm coming home to the table.

Are you feeling a bit lost and in need of comfort? Are you seeking a more satisfying and delicious life? Are you as hungry for a passionate new direction as I am?  Then grab a knife, and let's get cooking.

No comments: