Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Juice Obsession

A great New Year's resolution for anyone looking to improve their health?  Drink more juice.  No, not Tropicana (for goodness sake, no).  I am talking about FRESH juice made from whole fruits and vegetables.

But beware, these things are ADDICTIVE.  I am a life long coffee drinker and can't imagine waking up with out it... but these juices are starting to replace my second cup.  It's freaking me out.  I have more energy and my body practically tingles as I sip.  Note: Sip, don't gulp these things.  They are crazy potent with nutrients and drinking too fast will send a jolt of lightening energy through your veins.  Feel free to not tell your friends this and watch as they go run around the block a few times.

Juicers come in a wide range of prices and sizes and styles. I love my Breville Juice Fountain that I bought for about $100 on Amazon.  I use a Jack LaLanne Power Juicer when I am in Colorado and it works well and can make more juice at one time, but clean up is a pain in the ass compared to the Breville.  If you are making just one or two juices at a time, I would stick with the Breville.

Here is my everyday full spectrum nutrient blast, and a good new one I tried out this morning with slightly wilting beet greens, because it's what I had in the fridge. Which is generally my favored way to decide what to juice. Or eat, for that matter.

Cheers to your good health!



The Spectrum (Beet, Carrot, Apple, Celery, Kale)
1 small Beet (or half a large one)
3-4 stalks of Celery
Large handful of Kale
1 medium Apple
3-4 Carrots

The Sweet Tart (Beet Greens, Apple, Lemon, Celery)
Beet greens with stems (from about 2-3 beets)
2 small Apples, or one medium/large (sweeter ones are better for this)
Half a lemon (cut off the peel, juice only the flesh)
3 stalks of Celery

No comments: