Sunday, January 6, 2013

Bathtub Fantasies

What is it about the weekend that makes me want to put on a flannel and go to Home Depot?

Here at the cabin in Colorado I am fortunate enough to have access to the most deliciously enormous bath tub. Last night, as I was about to step into my nightly bubbly ritual, I was bemoaning my sad bathtub situation at our house in DC.  My small tub, while it does the job, is hardly the kind that beckons you to linger with candles, a glass of wine, and a good book.  And really, is it too much to ask to bring to life the perfect bathtub fantasy?  Well, probably.

Unless you have an amazing partner who barely blinks at your whining and simply offers "Why don't we just remodel the master bathroom and put in a clawfoot soaking tub? Then knock down some walls to create a huge walk-in closet?" Dear lord, I believe I have found my perfect match.

Here is my bathroom now:


And the little hallway between the bath (left) and closet (right) that would be knocked down to create one big master bath/walk in closet/laundry room magnificence:


The possibilities seem endless for what this could look like.  My money-is-no-object fantasies look something like this...








Check out my Pinterest board for a full range of bathroom remodel fantasies! Have any of you done this recently? If so, I want to see your results!

No comments: